Renting a Theatre Is Easier Than You Think!
The Registry Theatre’s affordable and accessible rental rates are intended for local performance and community groups, as well as corporate clients. A showcase of Art Deco design, the theatre is air-conditioned, wheelchair-accessible and includes a 150-seat performance space that comes equipped with standard stage lighting and sound systems.
The Registry Theatre strives to accommodate as many requests for rental dates as possible, however availability is very limited in the short to medium term. Please review our Rental Policy for more information on how and when we process rental requests.
The list of uses for the theatre is almost endless:
- Children’s groups
- Academic presentations
- Literary readings
*If your idea isn’t on this list, call us and we’ll see if we can make it happen!
The daily base rental rates for the theatre are:
Sun – Wed: $375 + HST = $423.75
Thurs – Sat: $425 + HST = $480.25
The weekly rates for the theatre are:
$1900 + HST plus cleaning ($90 + HST per day)
Renting The Registry is like ordering from a café:
Most items are à la carte, and the theatre functions mostly on a self-serve basis. We don’t even insist you hire our crew or volunteers: you’re more than welcome to bring in your own, and The Registry has information sheets for most positions in case you need help. Many groups can easily pay just the rental rate for the day they are in and not have to worry about any other costs.
More Information (Downloadable PDFs)
- a standard white-wash lighting plot operated from a lighting board
- permanent speakers: (two stereo main speakers, two fill speakers, and a subwoofer), the soundboard and a snake at the back of the stage
- use of the theatre auditorium, the lobby, the lobby fridge, the green room, and the rehearsal/green room (we do not take a cut on anything you wish to sell)
- use of the theatre’s LCD monitors so you can see what’s going on on-stage when not in the theatre auditorium
- orientation on how to use the theatre (if you plan to have lighting and sound effects that are more complex than on/off, you will be required to have qualified lighting and sound crew at your own expense)
- access from 10:00 a.m. until midnight (on occasion, an earlier access time may be granted for an additional $20/hour)
If you wish to rent additional equipment, please view our Price List For Rentals for more information and prices. For answers to more detailed technical questions, please email Technical Director Allan Hoch.
The Registry Theatre is not licensed for the sale or service of alcohol. A renter who would like to sell or serve alcohol must obtain a Special Occasion Permit under the Liquor Licence Act or arrange for a licensed provider with a caterer’s endorsement to sell or serve alcohol. In either case, insurance coverage is required.
A $100 booking deposit (or 50% of rental charges for rentals of 5 days or longer) is required upon making a rental booking. Any use of additional extra equipment or extra cleaning, repairs, or technical re-sets as required will be billed post-rental.
*The Registry Theatre reserves the right to refuse any renter we feel may have an event that is unsuitable for the building.
Renting the Registry Theatre
Click here for a calendar of all Registry Theatre bookings. Please note that dates for bookings beyond Sept 1, 2024 will not appear until booking confirmations are complete in early January. Email us by the end of December 2023 for any booking requests starting September 2024 or later.